Have you been surfing around the internet and then been scared by undesirable pops- up telling you the plugin-container.exe has encountered a problem and needs to be close? Have you ever been driven mad by the annoying system problems accompanied with plugin-container.exe error, including obvious decrease of system performance and Blue Screen of Death errors? Are you feeling frustrating by the slow Firefox performance caused by plugin-container.exe error messages? If so, you should check the health of plugin-container.exe file on your system. But before performing any task to fix plugin-container.exe error, you may consider firstly learning some information about it.
What is plugin-container.exe error?
Plugin-container.exe error is associated with plugin-container.exe of Mozilla Firefox from Mozilla Corporation. Starting from the version of Firefox 3.6.4, Mozilla offers a professional crash- protection feature into the worldwide used browser. Plugin-container.exe error can be caused by missing, damaged or incompatible version of plugin-container.exe file, install/uninstall Mozilla Firefox failure, registry file corruption, driver update failure, Mozilla Firefox freezes and cyber threats attack.
Even if plugin-container.exe is a non-system process, it is not recommended to directly disable it for it managing the running of Adobe Flash Play, Apple QuickTime and Microsoft SilverLight on Firefox. The associated errors of plugin-container.exe contain mozalloc.dll error, mozsqlite3.dll error and mozutils.dll error.
Why do you have to fix plugin-container.exe error as soon as possible?
Plugin-container.exe error can bring about a list of complicated problems to the system:
- Adobe Flash Player, Apple QuickTime and Microsoft SilverLight crashes
- Undesirable Blue Screen of Death errors
- Sharp decrease of system performance
- Mozilla Firefox freezes
- Particularly huge sum of system resources
- Frequent PC freezes
- Increasing times of Internet Explorer or Opera freezes
- Unwanted driver errors
- Spyware intrusion from Mozilla Firefox
- Obscure errors with Internet Explorer or Opera
- .exe errors and .dll errors
Common plugin-container.exe error messages:
- plugin-container.exe Not Found
- This application failed to start because plugin-container.exe was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
- cannot find plugin-container.exe
- The file plugin-container.exe is missing.
- cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: plugin-container.exe. Please install the application again.
How to fix plugin-container.exe error efficiently?
If your PC is experiencing plugin-container.exe error, you may consider enabling the instructions mentioned below to try to get rid of it.
Method One: Reinstall Mozilla Firefox.
1.Make sure to disable all of the Firefox components firstly by the help of Windows Task Manager.
2.From Startup Menu, click Control Panel.
3.To enable the Program List:
- For Windows 7 and Window Vista user:
Click Programs and then head to Programs and Features.
- For Windows 2000 and Window XP user:
Double-click to enable Add or Remove Programs.
4. From the list of currently installed programs, scroll to Mozilla Firefox and select it.
5. To begin the uninstall:
Click Next. And then click Uninstall.
6. Click Finish.
7. To totally remove Mozilla Firefox, you may consider wiping out the installation folder of it.
- For Windows Vista/7 user: Click Uninstall from the top of the pop- up.
- For Windows 2000/XP user: Click Remove on the right of Mozilla Firefox.
Follow the install wizard to reinstall Mozilla Firefox.
Method Two: Repair associated registry files.
The Windows registry is designed to store settings and options for Windows operating system. Any errors or damage occur to the Windows registry can possibly result in serious system problems, including undesirable Blue Screen of Death pops- up, slow computer performance, sharp decrease of system speed, and obscure system errors and .exe errors. To efficiently fix plugin-container.exe error, you may need to repair its damaged registry files without any system damage.
A safe and effective solution for corrupt registry files is to enable a reliable and ultra- powerful registry repair utility on your computer. The reliable and ultra- powerful registry repair utility combines with a list of professional utilities which can totally remove unneeded registry files and fix registry errors, for the purpose of ensuring you an error- free Windows registry. How to fix plugin-container.exe error and get rid of undesirable registry files?